The soxhlet apparatus is a piece of laboratory apparatus. It was originally designed for the extraction of a lipid from a solid material. Typically, a Soxhlet extraction is used when the desired compound has a limited solubility in a solvent, and the impurity is insoluble in that solvent. It allows for unmonitored and unmanaged operation while efficiently recycling a small amount of solvent to dissolve a larger amount of material.
1. The fat extractor is composed of three parts: extraction bottle, extraction tube, and condenser.
2. There are siphon and connecting pipes on both sides of the extraction pipe, and the connection of each part should be tight and not leaking
3. When extracting, wrap the sample to be tested in a degreasing filter paper bag and put it into the extraction tube
4. Add petroleum ether to the extraction bottle, heat the extraction bottle, gasify the petroleum ether,
5. Ascend from the connecting pipe into the condenser, condensed into liquid and drip into the extraction pipe to extract the lipids in the sample..